About KIPP NYC:
KIPP NYC is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepare students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in the Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible in urban schools. Today, our New York City network is comprised of five middle schools, three elementary schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC serves over 3,700 KIPP students and alumni, employs 420 talented professionals, and has a combined operating budget of over $56 million. Upon realizing our current growth plan, KIPP NYC will have eleven schools, serve more than 6,500 students and alumni, and employ more than 500 staff. All of the KIPP NYC elementary schools are adding a grade each year until they are fully grown schools with grades K-4.
- KIPP AMP Elementary School, Brooklyn, Opening in 2013.
KIPP NYC is looking for teachers who combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future. General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Teaching a rigorous college preparatory curriculum which combines the school’s standards and the New York State standards.
- Teaching students in a high-quality, exciting way.
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers.
- Constantly assessing student progress, and communicating results to families and colleagues.
- Providing individual or small group instruction for students who need additional assistance.
- Modeling the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff.
- Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP NYC team and family
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
- At least two years of teaching experience strongly preferred
- New York State teacher certification in the appropriate content area
Submitting an application for this teaching position will make you eligible for all KIPP NYC teaching opportunities. You do NOT need to submit multiple applications in order to be considered for multiple available openings. However, if you would also like to be considered for non-teaching positions, you will need to apply separately to a non-teaching position.